The Project Management Unit (PMU) is a Section responsible for Planning and Project Management
of all Municipal Infrastructure Developments in alignment with the Municipal IDP.
The PMU is responsible for but not limited to the administration and financial Management of MIG
Funds within the municipal and national accounting system for Municipal Infrastructure Projects.
The PMU functions entail the following;
• Project Planning,
• Project Identification (Feasibility),
• Contract Administration,
• Programme/ Project Management,
• Updating Database MIG MIS,
• Project Monitoring and Evaluation,• Reporting and
• Develop and maintain service delivery backlog data base of the Municipality.
The PMU Section is also responsible for other Internal Project that can be implemented by the
Municipality through Municipal Revenue and other funds and grants outside the MIG.