The Infrastructure and Technical Services Department aspires to be a value-adding department in providing basic service delivery Infrastructure such as roads and community facilities, Project Management services and Electrical Services. Our modus operandi is driven by excellence, pre-eminence in service delivery and the establishment and maintenance of efficient, effective management systems and processes that provide a caring and responsive service to meet internal and external needs in a pragmatic and flexible manner.
As a directorate we pledge ourselves to:
- Provide basic services through infrastructural development and create employment opportunities for all infrastructure development.
- Embrace our responsibility as a public institution to support and contribute to national and regional development, and the welfare and upliftment of the wider community, through the provision of high quality and sound administration.
- Manage and run our institution in conscious awareness of the environment, and foster a culture of responsible, ethical and just administrative action.
- Conduct ourselves according to the highest ethical standards, and provide administrative practices and models that promotes sound ethical practice.
- Ensure effective governance through broad and inclusive participation, democratic representation, accountability, and transparency that serves as an example that contributes to building the democratic ethos of our country.
- Ensure management of existing asset infrastructure through maintenance programme.
- Promote and uphold the good image of the municipality and create a fertile ground for the municipality to deliver sound administration.
- Actively encourage and respect the right of all stakeholders, staff and students to engage in critical inquiry, independent research, intellectual discourse and public debate in a spirit of responsibility and accountability, in accordance with the principles and values of public administration and institutional autonomy.
- In terms of an approved organogram, the Infrastructure and Technical Services department has four units, namely; Electrical Services, Project Management Unit, Planning and Housing.