“By 2030 Mkhambathini Municipality will be the KwaZulu Natal’s mega-hub for industries, tourism and agriculture along the N3 Corridor which provides for a socially cohesive environment.”
Mkhambathini Municipality commits itself to the following:
- Upholding our leadership vision
- Working with integrity in an accountable manner towards the upliftment of the community.
- Protecting and enhancing the interest of our clients always.
- Consistently performing our function with transparency honesty and dedication in dealing with clients.
- Responding promptly to the needs of our clients.
- Subscribing to the Batho Pele principles.
Goals and Objectives
The Mkhambathini Municipality’s IDP adopted a long-term planning perspective, but also present a short to medium term strategic agenda and detailed five-year programme commencing in the 2016/2017 financial year ending in 2020/2021 financial year. This period coincides with the term of office of the incumbent council and aligns with the budget cycle.
- To create of a new town that promotes local economic development.
- To prioritize the municipality’s catalytic projects which focuses on the wastewater treatment works.
- To strengthen intergovernmental relations to ensure the resuscitation of the railway network, accelerating the interchange upgrade programme and augment the water storage facility.
- To develop the municipality’s public transport network.
- To ensure provision of socio-economic infrastructure that provides for a full range of housing types, educational facilities and health facilities.